Unable to make dist after recent changes

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Dec 1 16:56:35 EST 2011

On donderdag 1 december 2011, John Ralls wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2011, at 5:05 PM, John Ralls wrote:

> >> Perhaps the TEST_ENVIRONMENT is not set correctly to point to the
> >> correct build directories?
> >
> > No, the path utilities don't pay any attention to the environment. I'm
> > working on changing that.
>
> In fact, it looks like the report tests broke when Geert *fixed* the test
> environments, because it wasn't actually trying to run the tests, just
> giving up and passing because it couldn't find the modules. Geert didn't
> see the error, of course, because he had run "make install" at some point,
> so the test was able to find the reports and the backends.

Interesting, so my fixes actually revealed a bug in the module testing code.

If I find some time, I will run this experiment on Fedora 15 as well and see
what happens.

There was a part in the test Makefiles I wasn't sure about that may be
related: the GNC_TEST_DEPS contains a number --library-dir lines. Should these
point to all build directories with required modules ? I thought this was
superfluous because the module loading code adds all gnc-module-dir paths to
LD_LIBRARY_PATH already. But I haven't looked into this in much detail.

Geert