Gnucash reports using php and mysql

Pedro Abel pedroabel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 17:11:11 EST 2011

Hello friends, greetings from Brazil,

My name is Pedro and this is the first time I send an e-mail to this list.

First, thank you all for such a great software. I'm using it for years.

I was wondering if anyone is working on some reports for Gnucash not using
of the standard language (Scheme) Gnucash reports uses right now. I'm
asking that because since there is the mysql option I started writing some
custom reports for my personal finances using PHP. Nothing really new, just
the same reports in a way that I prefer to see it (basically with each
period organized into columns, for comparison, and with a quick way to
group the values in broader periods, like quarters and years). The PHP also
allow me to check my reports quickly from any other computer in my network.

So, I would like to know if someone is doing the same, and maybe share some
codes.

If you want, I could send to list what I have so far (does this list
accepts attachments?). If so, please do not expect nothing exactly good, as
I'm not really a programmer. I'm just a regular user that wanted some
custom reports and decided to do what I need instead of bothering you with
requests.

Best regards,

Pedro