Gnucash reports using php and mysql

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Wed Dec 21 03:18:16 EST 2011

Dear Pedro,

thanks for sharing your experience with gnucash so far.

Do I understand correctly: You are storing your gnucash data in a
MySQL database, and you have written PHP code that accesses that MySQL
database to show some reports? This would be an interesting other
usage of the gnucash data.

It does not (yet) fit into the way the developers intended to use the
data, as we still strongly recommend to access the gnucash data only
through the C API of gnucash instead of directly reading from the SQL
database or XML file.

On the other hand, this is Open Source and you're free to do what you
want with your data. :-)

I guess it would be interesting to send your php code here as an
attachment, or put it somewhere on the web (e.g. on github.com) so
that others can have a look.

Best Regards,

Christian