Gnucash reports using php and mysql

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Thu Dec 29 04:44:31 EST 2011

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 10:10:39 -0500
Donald Allen <donaldcallen at gmail.com> wrote:

> My motivation was the same as yours -- I could not get what I wanted
> from the built-in reports and I felt that the cost of trying to learn
> to work within gnucash (in spite of the fact that I am a *very*
> experienced Scheme programmer) was higher than the approach I took.

Huh...this does not sound optimistic for potential GC users wanting to
customize their invoices/reports...

Is there any plan to improve reporting system in 2.6 or we cannot expect
anything before 3.0?

> I'd suggest
> having a look at an interesting thread, "Scripting API", on
> gnucash-devel started by Hendrik Boom in November. It discusses
> similar issues and the subject of the fairly new python bindings
> capability comes up, something I have not investigated myself (only
> because I already have something that serves my purpose, developed
> before the python bindings capability became available) but is
> probably worth looking at if you are actively developing reports for
> yourself.

Is it now possible to use those Python bindings to more easily
create/tweak reports/invocies?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
As a strong wind sweeps away a boat on the water,
even one of the roaming senses on which the mind