"No DBD drivers found" warning when running make check

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 00:14:41 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 10:49 PM, Tommy Trussell
<tommy.trussell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 9:36 PM, Bill Hammond <ka1ssr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I am having trouble running make check on r20217.  Here's what's happening:

>> I'm running Ubuntu 10.10.  I checked and the dbd drivers have been
>> installed in /usr/lib/dbd.
>
> I just happened to check out and build r20217 this afternoon on this
> Ubuntu 10.04 box, and it worked fine.
>
> I did go through all the steps exactly as described at
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building#Ubuntu_10.04_LTS_.28Lucid_Lynx.29

I'm going to amend my previous comment to say that I followed the
instructions exactly including choosing to install libdbd-sqlite3

-- based on recent discussions on this list I ALMOST edited the wiki
to remove the libdbd-{sqlite3,pgsql,mysql} notation and insert just
libdbd-sqlite3 there -- squlite is becoming the new standard file
format and most folks would start experimenting with sqlite. the
libdbd-pgsql or libdbd-mysql libraries might be mentioned separately
along with some notes about those databases.