Gtk 2.2 and Webkit to use Aqbanking 5 on Windows - How can I contribute?

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sat Feb 12 03:58:10 EST 2011

Am Donnerstag, 10. Februar 2011 schrieb Phil Longstaff:
> Where to start...
>
> What we need is webkit/gtk compiled for win32 using the mingw environment.
> webkit can be compiled for win32 (obvious since that is the engine used by
> Google Chrome).  Webkit/gtk builds on the core webkit project to provide
> gobject/glib APIs for webkit as well as other gnu/gnome technologies (soup,
> etc.).

I've downloaded the latest stable webkitgtk-1.2.7 from
http://webkitgtk.org/?page=download and gave it a try on my
Windows/mingw system, where I also usually build a gnucash windows
binary.

Turns out webkit requires some more tools than what is available as
pre-compiled windows binaries. Bison and gprof are required and still
available, but "flex" is required in version 2.5.33 whereas the latest
windows binary of it on gnuwin32 is 2.5.4. As Phil already wrote,
because of this it is most probably easier to cross-compile on a Linux
box with the mingw32 cross compile toolchain.

I propose to collect notes on how to do this on a page in our wiki,
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Webkit

Regards,

Christian