mac osx and aqbanking5

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Feb 19 00:13:18 EST 2011

On Feb 18, 2011, at 6:37 PM, David Reiser wrote:

> John,
>
> Did you do anything special to get aqbanking5 working with gnucash 2.4.x?
>
> I built gnucash r20317 (x11) using gwenhywfar 4.0.7 (--disable-qt4 --with-guis=gtk2 --with-frontends="cbanking g2banking") and aqbanking 5.0.4, and I get an abort trap when launching the setup-wizard:
>
> Assertion failed: (element), function GWEN_DIALOG__INHERIT_SETDATA, file dialog.c, line 46.
> Abort trap
>
> I'm pretty sure I saw the gtk-only wizard working sometime in 2.3.x, but it has been long enough since I tested the setup wizard that I could be misremembering.
>
> Trying gnucash 2.4.2 via the .dmg installer on a machine that's never had any of my hand builds on it successfully displays the setup wizard dialog.

Dave,

I used gwen 4.0.4, aqb 5.02, gtk+-2.20.1, and glib 2.24.1 -- and the quartz backend, of course. I had to edit the dialog layouts to add a spacer on the right of the button bar, because without it a button was hiding the resize grab. (It's also working with gtk+-2.24.0 and glib 2.28.0 on my build box, but I'm not yet confident enough of that to release it to the wild.)

It might be a regression; you could try the older libraries (they're on my github/gnucash-on-osx repo's download area if Martin has taken them down from aquamaniac; I have to mirror them there so that wget can download them for jhbuild). If that doesn't work, you'll have to fire up the debugger.

Good Luck,
John Ralls