2.4.3 - not ready

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Feb 25 14:23:30 EST 2011

On Feb 24, 2011, at 6:16 PM, Phil Longstaff wrote:

> I tagged and built 2.4.3.  It passes make check and make distcheck.
> However, when I run it, I get a segv when I close gnucash.  The problem
> seems to be during the call to gnc_dbi_unlock().  While looking for the
> current process pid in the lock table, the sqlite3 error fn is called.
> According to valgrind, when setting the error code, this is an invalid
> write, past the end of valid memory.
>
> I think this should be tracked down and solved before 2.4.3. is
> released.

I'm not able to replicate this, perhaps because sqlite3 isn't throwing an error. Are you able to tell what the error is? Maybe I can munge the database to induce it and see the problem.

Looking at the code, sqlite3_error_fn doesn't write anything itself, but it does call gnc_dbi_set_error, which tries to write dbi_conn->last_error, dbi_conn->error_repeat, and dbi_conn->retry. Can you tell if that's what the bad memory location was?

Regards,
John Ralls