Public Git repo

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Mon Jan 10 08:39:08 EST 2011

On Wednesday 05 January 2011, Jeff Kletsky wrote:
> I don't like that history is a pretty flexible thing and that "branches"
> are just pointers to specific commits, rather than the kind of
> "followable path" that svn provides.

That's interesting, because I feel exactly the oposite. I don't like it that
for svn a branch or tag is a path into the repository. It has always felt
artificial to me and if not treated with proper care could put you into very
unwanted situations like people inadvertently committing changes to a tagged
release.
I guess this is mostly a matter of taste and what you are most used to
though...

Geert