IRR on Advanced Portfolio report

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 10:42:10 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 3:22 AM, Franco Mossotto
<franco.mossotto at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was looking for the ability in gnucash to calculate the IRR (Internal Rate
> of Return) for investments. This is something that other products has and
> that I found essential in order to evaluate the investments in my portfolio.

IRR is certainly useful, but can be misinterpreted. See

http://hadm.sph.sc.edu/courses/econ/invest/invest.html

I realize that what I've said here is a bit off-topic, but since
Professor Baker explains the issues very clearly, I thought I'd
mention it.

/Don