Challenging python coders: Who can create a gnucash-like GUI in python in a few weeks?

David Eisner deisner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 13:22:02 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Phil Longstaff <plongstaff at rogers.com> wrote:
> If android is just java, then we should try wrapping the back end using JNI.

I'm just now dipping my toes into the Android Development waters (new
phone), but there are options for languages other than Java.

Java *is* the primary development language (which compiles down to
bytecode for their Dalvik VM), and the best supported one. However,
there is some (alpha quality) support for scripting languages ...

    http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/

as well as a Native Development Kit (NDK) for writing code in C/C++:

    http://developer.android.com/sdk/ndk/index.html

-David

--
David Eisner     http://cradle.brokenglass.com