Download Issues

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 13 11:56:20 EST 2011

Hi,

Gianni De Luca <johndl at nebulon.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I downloaded the Intel version of your software for Mac OSX but I
> couldn't use it because it required a password I was never issued.

First, this is a user question and belongs on gnucash-user, not
gnucash-devel..  However I'm in a good mood today so I'll answer you
here anyways, but follow-ups should go to gnucash-user.

The password it's asking you for is your system/administrator password,
which is required to install the program the first time.

As for why you cannot download it again, I don't know.  Maybe you left
remnants around from the last download?  Did you read the README file
that came with the download?