r20104 - Disable usage of qof/test for now because is does not yet compile

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sun Jan 16 04:39:50 EST 2011

On Saturday 15 January 2011, Christian Stimming wrote:

> > > What was the problem? Glib older than 2.18, or something else?
> >
> > Never mind, I see that I forgot to include configure.ac in the commit.
>
> Right, that was the first error but easy enough to fix. However, there were
> still compiler errors in your code about "missing previous declaration" or
> similar, which you've now fixed in r20107 yourself, but I didn't know how
> to fix them correctly and for that reason I though I better disable that
> part until you've got it fully working.
>
> As for the configure check: Don't we already require glib >= 2.16 anyway?
> Oh, I guess that was just the recent discussion for upping the requirement
> to glib/gtk 2.18, but was postponed until our windows binary has a webkit
> with gtk-2.20 because until then, the windows binary is stuck at
> gtk-2.16... oh well.

Shouldn't such requirement updates be done in the development series ? I mean,
current trunk will result in 2.4.1, or the next stable bugfix release. I
always assumed bug fix releases should contain only, well, bugfixes ?

If bigger changes are being planned on trunk, I would propose to branch
already.

Geert