r20104 - Disable usage of qof/test for now because is does not yet compile

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Jan 16 10:24:52 EST 2011

On Jan 16, 2011, at 1:41 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:

> On Saturday 15 January 2011, John Ralls wrote:

>>> Right, that was the first error but easy enough to fix. However, there
>>> were still compiler errors in your code about "missing previous
>>> declaration" or similar, which you've now fixed in r20107 yourself, but
>>> I didn't know how to fix them correctly and for that reason I though I
>>> better disable that part until you've got it fully working.
>>>
>>> As for the configure check: Don't we already require glib >= 2.16 anyway?
>>> Oh, I guess that was just the recent discussion for upping the
>>> requirement to glib/gtk 2.18, but was postponed until our windows binary
>>> has a webkit with gtk-2.20 because until then, the windows binary is
>>> stuck at gtk-2.16... oh well.
>>
>> There were warnings about missing prototypes for the non-static function in
>> each test suite; it just took copying the implementation into a prototype
>> at the top of each file. Apple's gcc didn't complain about it, so I
>> probably need to adjust my CFLAGS.
>>
>> Until we fork off Gnucash 2.4, the requirements have to stay at
>> Gtk-2.10/Glib-2.12. After that we can change trunk to Gtk-2.18/glib-2.20
>> and the version check can go away (and we can start upgrading to Glade3
>> and clearing out the deprecated lib dependencies).
>>
> Ok, that answers my reply to Christian.
>
> I'm very interested in helping with removing the deprecated lib dependencies.

Dive on in. You can either protect the changes with a gtk2 >= 2.18 in configure (HAVE_GLADE3?) or just set up a branch on git.

Hmm. Speaking of git, it looks like Yawar is using the Gnucash-docs and ignoring Gnucash... which I suppose makes sense since he's more involved in documenting than coding.

Yawar, should I redo the Gnucash repo so that I can synchronize it with trunk on my server?

Regards,
John Ralls