Total Crash and Lost Data

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 18 12:39:07 EST 2011

On 18 January 2011 17:30, Donald Allen <donaldcallen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On 18 January 2011 16:59, Donald Allen <donaldcallen at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> That conflicts with what I've seen on the website.
>>
>> Note that I said "for some time".  The website was much improved some
>> time in October I think.  See also
>>
>> http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/Status-of-gnucash-need-for-clarification-tt1434648.html#a1434650
>
> The announcement for 2.3.4 on 2009-08-19 reads:

I am not disputing any of that.  All I am saying is that for a while
the website was confusing, this was acknowledged and some significant
work was done, resulting in great improvements.  There is no denying
that a number of users picked up 2.3 thinking it was the right version
to use.  There have been a number of examples of people in this
situation asking for help on the user list.

Colin