Total Crash and Lost Data

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 12:50:50 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 18 January 2011 17:30, Donald Allen <donaldcallen at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Note that I said "for some time".  The website was much improved some
>>> time in October I think.  See also
>>>
>>> http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/Status-of-gnucash-need-for-clarification-tt1434648.html#a1434650
>>
>> The announcement for 2.3.4 on 2009-08-19 reads:
>
> I am not disputing any of that.  All I am saying is that for a while
> the website was confusing, this was acknowledged and some significant
> work was done, resulting in great improvements.  There is no denying
> that a number of users picked up 2.3 thinking it was the right version
> to use.  There have been a number of examples of people in this
> situation asking for help on the user list.

What you are telling me is that there is a part of the population that
doesn't read things carefully or at all, and gnucash.org found some of
them. If you *read the announcement*, it could not be more clear, and
the announcements were prominent on the website. I saw them with my
own lying eyes. I didn't think the site was at all confusing, if you
read what it said.

/Don