Interactive Javascript + Canvas (Flot) powered graphs

Jeff Kletsky gnucash at allycomm.com
Mon Jan 24 10:15:56 EST 2011

On 01/24/2011 01:18 AM, Christian Stimming wrote:
> [...]
>> I do have an extremely simple module thrown
>> together so that python can be used from within gnucash,
> You have? I'd be interested to see that. Even if it can't be used for
> replacing scheme reports by python reports at this point in time, I would be
> interested to see whether other scriptable tasks within gnucash can be done
> through python already.

I'm at the point with scheme and eguile of just writing a "report" that
calls out to Perl and takes the HTML on a pipe. Perlembed isn't much
harder, at least once bindings are done.

I was hoping that I would be able to read directly from the database,
but the abundance of KVP usage makes the schema too far from the objects
for my taste, at least past simple reporting.

I'm planning on Perl bindings, at least to some extent, as I would like
to be able to more cleanly integrate with Mason, Moose, and Catalyst
sites, at least for reporting.

One thing that would be a huge help for anyone writing bindings would be
a better-defined API. Unfortunately, there isn't a "libgnucash" to link
against.

Jeff