r20038 - gnucash-docs/trunk/help/C - Add mdash entity to enable the use of xml2po and add description for entities.

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Jan 25 15:51:17 EST 2011

On Tuesday 25 January 2011, Cristian Marchi wrote:
> When i run "xml2po -e -o guide.pot C/gnucash-guide.xml" without the
> entities, I get a pot file with the strings from only the first xml
> files that doesn't contain the entities I've added. I think that might
> be related to the -e option (expands all entities) but using it I can
> get a single pot file for all the guide and the translation process is
> more faster.
>
> That's why I made those commits. I hope I havn't broken anything.
>
> Regards
> Cristian

I don't think you have broken something, no. And I haven't followed the whole
process so maybe I am missing some things.

I get that indeed as well, that when I remove the entities, the pot file is
much shorter, though xml2po doesn't report any errors. That's not so nice IMO.

On the other hand if you want one pot file, why not use
xml2po -o yourpotfile.pot *.xml

That's how it is explained in the xml2po manual. It has the added benefit that
it retains the exact file locations of all strings to translate.

Geert