r20038 - gnucash-docs/trunk/help/C - Add mdash entity to enable the use of xml2po and add description for entities.

Cristian Marchi cri79 at libero.it
Wed Jan 26 06:54:20 EST 2011

Il 25/01/2011 21:51, Geert Janssens ha scritto:
> I don't think you have broken something, no. And I haven't followed the whole
> process so maybe I am missing some things.
>
> I get that indeed as well, that when I remove the entities, the pot file is
> much shorter, though xml2po doesn't report any errors. That's not so nice IMO.
>
> On the other hand if you want one pot file, why not use
> xml2po -o yourpotfile.pot *.xml
>
> That's how it is explained in the xml2po manual. It has the added benefit that
> it retains the exact file locations of all strings to translate.
>
> Geert
> .

I've tried this command at first but I've got a pot file with almost a
string for each chapter and all markups became a mess.

The best solution I've found is using the -e option although when
converting back to translated xml, I get a single xml file (but that's
not an issue, at least for my translation workflow. ANd it also seam to
work good for the generated HTML and pdf)

Regards
Cristian