Next Release - and Documentation release ?

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat Jul 2 04:25:24 EDT 2011

On zaterdag 2 juli 2011, John Ralls wrote:
> On Jul 1, 2011, at 9:26 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > Ok for me.
> >
> > Once the tags are in, I'll try to come up with a news article for the two
> > documentation releases, and put the documentation on our website.
>
> I've committed the version change to Gnucash itself and started making the
> tag. That turns out to be a lengthy process in Git-svn, it may take an
> hour or so.
>
> The trunk documents are in kind of a strange state. They were tagged 5
> months ago (when we released 2.4.0) as 2.4.0, but configure.in wasn't
> changed and nobody put a tarball up on Sourceforge. On the other hand, we
> have a docs/2.4 directory in the website containing what appear to be
> 2.3.7 documents copyright 2001-2007 Chris Lyttle -- who appears not to
> have committed anything since, but that might be because the appropriate
> page never got updated. I'll look into fixing that up so that Christian
> and Yawar get some credit.

I noticed this as well after my yesterday's reply. It was me that created the
2.4.0 tag, but I clearly forgot to update the relevant configuration
parameters.

At that point I didn't have access yet to SourceForge and it didn't even occur
to me to upload the tarball. I remember my goal then was to update the
documentation available on the website.

This mess is why I wanted to get the documentation release process written
down.

> But I wonder, since it seems we've never actually done a 2.4 documents
> release, should this be 2.4.0 (and I delete the existing 2.4.0 tag and
> make a new one) or should I not worry too much about 2.4.0 and just call
> this 2.4.1?

I would just go for 2.4.1, as you did.

Geert