GnuCash WIKI Restored from backup -- recent changes lost

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Sat Jul 2 19:00:58 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Sat, July 2, 2011 3:31 pm, John Ralls wrote:

> On Jul 2, 2011, at 12:19 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>> I'll fix it when I get home.
>

> OK.
>
> To add to your list, I'm trying to edit the OSX release notes at
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/2.4.6/Readme
> When I click on any of the "edit" links, I get
> A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the
> software. The last attempted database query was:
> (SQL query hidden)
> from within function "Title::isDeletedQuick". Database returned error
> "126: Incorrect key file for table './wiki/archive.MYI'; try to repair it
> (localhost)".
>
> I can edit http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git without any problems.

I'm afraid that MySQL ate itself!!  Most of the wiki database pages were
bad, and the backups had been failing since June 28th.  I had to reload
the database as of the backup made on June 27th.  I'm afraid that all
changes that have been made to the wiki since Jun 27 03:22 US/EDT have
been lost.  This includes new pages, changes to pages, new users, etc.

I appologize for the inconvenience, but I couldn't fix the mysql databases
no matter what magic mysql check and repair commands I tried.

I'm sorry.

HOWEVER, it should now be working correctly, so you shouldn't have any
issues.  If you do, please let me know.

Luckily we found this before we lost the last good backup!!  (Backups only
stick around for a week).

> Regards,
> John Ralls

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745