GnuCash Documentation 2.4.1 in .epub and .mobi format

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Jul 8 06:50:33 EDT 2011

On vrijdag 8 juli 2011, Geert Janssens wrote:
> On donderdag 7 juli 2011, SASAKI Suguru wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > No one seems to be intereted in this, but
>
> No, no, I am interested, but I didn't have the time yet to respond. I'll
> see if I can pull your build system tweaks and merge them in the main
> repository.
>
> I personally like the possibility to generate more available formats.
>
> > I have pushed some tweakes in build system and push to
> >
> >   https://github.com/sss/gnucash-docs/tree/2.4.1-in-epub-and-mobi
> >
> > , and you can downloadn .epub / .mobi from
> >
> >   https://github.com/sss/gnucash-docs/downloads .
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> Thanks for your work on this!

Ok, I have taken a closer look your your tweaks.

I have a few questions:
1. I notice you use a ruby script to convert to epub. Why did you choose that
instead of the standard docbook xsl transformation ? The epub stylesheet is
not part of our repository because we never used it before, but it can be
added easily.

2. The mobi format appears to be created using a conversion tool that is
shipped with calibre on my Fedora system. This is fine in itself, but it would
be useful if you could add a note about this in the README file. That would
help people that want to generate mobi formatted documentation.

Regards,

Geert