GnuCash Documentation 2.4.1 in .epub and .mobi format

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Jul 8 17:48:05 EDT 2011

On vrijdag 8 juli 2011, SASAKI Suguru wrote:
> I've misread one point.
>
> > Ok, I have taken a closer look your your tweaks.
> >
> > I have a few questions:
> > 1. I notice you use a ruby script to convert to epub. Why did you choose
> > that instead of the standard docbook xsl transformation ? The epub
> > stylesheet is not part of our repository because we never used it
> > before, but it can be added easily.
>
> Right.  If we'll merge stylesheets for EPUB into gnucash-doc repository,
> this Ruby script is not necessary, I guess.
>
> I'll investigate it as well.
>

> Regards,
While googling, I found this:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/tutorials/x-epubtut/section5.html

It is basically the recipe to create an epub file from the docbook source.
Looking at it, it seems to consist of
- one xslt transform using the epub xsl from docbook
- generating a proper zip file with mimetype included

At first sight this doesn't seem to be too difficult to transform in a makefile
ruleset. We may be able to avoid a ruby dependency in this way.

What do you think ?

Geert