pt-pt translation

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Mon Jul 18 10:12:04 EDT 2011

Am Samstag, 16. Juli 2011 schrieben Sie:
> Hi!
>
> The work is going well on the translation. The original translation was
> very old and incomplete, so I started from scratch, also we had a recent
> change in the language that I'm following.
> I'm more focused for now on the private use, the investment part and the
> accounting part I'll consult with profissionals
>
> Now I have one request, is it possible to get a 2.4.2 POT file, so I can do
> a merge and provide for testing to several Ubuntu users?
> I prefere this to have then get and compile a recent version.

You can download the gnucash-2.4.2.tar.gz files from the sourceforge page,
unpack them, and find the corresponding gnucash.pot in the subdirectory po/ of
those archives.

However, as I said, there haven't been many string changes. I'd suggest you
can simply use your po file as-is, based on the most recent gnucash stable
version such as 2.4.7 (but 2.4.5 will work just as well). Then "compile" your
translation into the .gmo file by
   msgfmt pt_PT.po -o pt_PT.gmo
and copy that .gmo into the directory
   $prefix/share/locale/pt_PT/LC_MESSAGES
where it needs to be named
  gnucash.mo
At the next start of gnucash, this new translation will be used.

Regards,

Christian