lion

Christoper Blunck chris at thebluncks.com
Sat Jul 23 00:36:01 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

I've been using GNUCash for easily 5-8 years now.  It's great!

I was recently caught up in the Steve Jobs distortion field and I
upgraded to OSX Lion (10.7) the first day it was released.  Needless
to say many things broke.  One thing that broke was GNUCash.

When GNUCash launches I receive the following error:

chris at imac:~$ /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash
Don't have write access to /Library
dyld: Symbol not found: _iconv
  Referenced from: /usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib
  Expected in: /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
 in /usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib
Trace/BPT trap: 5

It looks like some other people are having similar problems:
  http://developer.appcelerator.com/question/122584/error-launching-desktop-app-dyld-symbol-not-found-iconv

I was wondering if anyone on the dev list is looking into this problem...

Thanks again for GNUCash - it's a great piece of software!

-c

--
Christopher Blunck
chris at thebluncks.com