lion

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Jul 23 08:31:43 EDT 2011

On Jul 23, 2011, at 12:36 AM, Christoper Blunck wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I've been using GNUCash for easily 5-8 years now.  It's great!
>
> I was recently caught up in the Steve Jobs distortion field and I
> upgraded to OSX Lion (10.7) the first day it was released.  Needless
> to say many things broke.  One thing that broke was GNUCash.
>
> When GNUCash launches I receive the following error:
>
> chris at imac:~$ /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash
> Don't have write access to /Library
> dyld: Symbol not found: _iconv
>  Referenced from: /usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib
>  Expected in: /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
> in /usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib
> Trace/BPT trap: 5
>

> It looks like some other people are having similar problems:
>  http://developer.appcelerator.com/question/122584/error-launching-desktop-app-dyld-symbol-not-found-iconv
>

> I was wondering if anyone on the dev list is looking into this problem...
>

> Thanks again for GNUCash - it's a great piece of software!

This is a user question, and if you'd looked in the user list first you'd have found several messages about the problem and
a reference to a bug report with fixes for the fail-to-start-problem, but some as yet unresolved problems with resizing windows.

Go do that. This list isn't for users.

Regards,
John Ralls