Patch, patch submission questions and general configure/make questions

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Mon Jun 6 02:36:40 EDT 2011

--On June 5, 2011 10:12:20 PM -0500 Tim M <tim at filmchicago.org> wrote:

> For the record, I am using the following configure options and after
> fixing the above error, many more cropped up.  It seems --enable-iso-c
> is probably causing many errors to appear during make so I am not sure
> if this is recommended practice:
>
> -----------------------
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/gnucash-devel \
>    --enable-debug --enable-doxygen \
>    --enable-error-on-warning --enable-compile-warnings \
>    --enable-ofx --enable-aqbanking \
>    --enable-iso-c --enable-python

Don't use --enable-iso-c.  This restricts you to the C89 standard (or
something else equally ancient) and there's little hope that GnuCash
will compile with that standard, and little reason that it should.
This option is one that we inherit from the autoconf tools, not one
that is specific to GnuCash.

        Mike