RFC: Adding some management structure, particularly for decisions about our donation account

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Thu Jun 9 16:44:03 EDT 2011

Am Montag, 30. Mai 2011 schrieb Christian Stimming:
> Derek replied:
> > I agree completely that we need more structure in how to handle money
> > flowing into the project.
> >
> > I'm still willing to maintain the paypal account, and I promise to be
> > more responsive if we decide to stick with what we have.
>
> IMHO this means we can probably leave the account as-is, but start to work
> out a new and durable decision structure for the management of the gnucash
> donation account. I am thinking of something like a charter with a similar
> structure as a usual non-profit organization: We should appoint a board
> (or committee, or similarly named group of people) of 2-5 people who will
> then have the mandate to decide and take action.

Judging from the very little reaction on this message here, it seems that
almost nobody really cares about the existence of the donation money and/or
what is being done with it. In that case we have to continue to live with the
unclear decision process about the donation account.

In particular, if I have some idea about a potential use of the account money
(such as starting our own bounty program), I guess I'll just discuss possible
uses of this money privately with Derek, then announce those here and go ahead
with the proposals unless there are strong objections from core developers.
Does that sound reasonable? Other proposals? Comments?

Best Regards,

Christian