How to build on Windows

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Tue Jun 14 16:00:44 EDT 2011

Am Dienstag, 14. Juni 2011 schrieb rand batchelder:
> Derek Atkins <warlord <at> mit.edu> writes:
> > Rand Batchelder <randfb <at> yahoo.com> writes:
> > > I am new to gnucash.
> > > I have installed the win32 binary.
> > >
> > > Now I would like to turn on python scripting and build a win32 binary.
> > >
> > > Are build instructions for win32 available ?
> >
> > http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows
>
> Thanks for the reply
> Are there variables that need to be set to enable python scripting ?

No. The scripts do not contain the parts for building the python plugins. In
order to get that working, you would first have to download and/or install
some python binary. Also, the SWIG version has to contain python support.
Finally, the gnucash python parts need to be built against the given python.

> Has this been done successfully on Windows ?

I don't know of that. It cannot be too complicated, but we haven't heard of
anyone who did that.

Regards,

Christian