WARN <qof.engine> [guid_init()] only got xxxx bytes. The identifiers might not be very random.

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Mar 7 16:02:27 EST 2011

On Mar 7, 2011, at 12:02 PM, Geert Janssens wrote:

> On maandag 7 maart 2011, Phil Longstaff wrote:
>> Can the qof guid library be replaced by libuuid on linux?
>>
>> Phil
>> ---------
>> I used to be a hypochondriac AND a kleptomaniac. So I took something for
>> it.

That's the string value. We should just get the uint-128 and shove it into the Qof structure and let Qof handle formatting it.

For completeness, the Quartz function is CFUUIDCreate(); it returns an opaque CFUUID object, and you retrieve the value as a struct of 16 uint8s with CFUUIDGetBytes().

Regards,
John Ralls