For those asking for a browser version of Gnucash

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Mar 18 05:57:49 EDT 2011

On donderdag 17 maart 2011, John Ralls wrote:
> On Mar 17, 2011, at 12:49 PM, Phil Longstaff wrote:
> > http://www.webupd8.org/2011/03/gtk-32-will-let-you-run-any-application.ht
> > ml
>
> Let's not get carried away: Gnucash won't run in Gtk+-3 until someone
> rewrites the register and cleans up all of the other gtk-deprecated code.

For your information, I have a branch in my local svn-git clone in which I'm
removing deprecated gtk code small steps at the time. Last week, I finished
the conversion of the New Account Hierarchy druid to the more recent
gtkassistant.

I'm just waiting for the 2.4 branch to collapse it back into trunk.

> Speaking of rewriting the register, though, I noticed a branch called
> "register rewrite" when I was working on the git mirror. It looks like
> Jaff Green and Andreas Köhler were working on it, but abruptly stopped in
> early 2008. Does anyone remember remember anything about it?

I heard about it, but that's about it.

Geert

P.S. we got another gnucash-devel at lists.gnucash.org address in the cc headers.
Apparently Phill is using that address by default instead of gnucash-
devel at gnucash.org ? I removed it from this message by the way.