2.4 branch created (Re: Proposal: Branch 2.4-stable and trunk now)

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Mar 22 09:01:35 EDT 2011

On maandag 21 maart 2011, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> writes:
> > Yay !
> >
> > I'm a bit busy right now, but later this week I'll push some of the
> > developments I have been working on (guile 1.8, gnome-druid
> > replacement,...).
>
> A couple to-dos:
>
> 1) Make the 2.4 branch win32 build scripts build from the 2.4 branch
>    instead of trunk.
>
> 2) We need to figure out how to build both trunk and 2.4 on the same
>    build machine, especially considering that the new guile patches will
>    require a newer version of mingw, and that new version wont build
>    2.4 anymore.
>
> 2a) We need to figure out how to build tag builds, when the tag might
>     need either the 'trunk' or '2.4' build system.
>
> 2b) We should make this "how do we choose a build system" solution
>     future-proof.
>
> I know that Geert has more knowledge of the requirements and will
> probably answer more later today.
>
> > Geert
>
> -derek
I have put the additional information in a separate e-mail (titled
"Unstable develompent, guile 1.8 and gcc 4.5.2" [1]) to make sure it doesn't
get lost in this thread.

I encourage you to read it (even though it's long), and give your suggestions
and feedback on the problem.

Geert

[1] refer to
http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2011-March/031442.html