[GSOC] Data model unit testing

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Mar 23 20:56:39 EDT 2011

On Mar 23, 2011, at 9:26 AM, Muslim Chochlov wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Thanks for the fast reply. I just browsed the libqof module and it looks like a fair amount of work needs to be done. Do you think providing UT for libqof and engine modules (or even just libqof) would be enough for gsoc project?
> And one more question what is the quickest way to check module interdependence?

Muslim,

I was just laying out the priority order of the modules that we need to have test coverage for so we can start refactoring. I haven't worked out the details of how many tests, what needs to be mocked, what fixtures are needed... at this point I just know that there will have to be fixtures and mocks. It's my understanding of the GSoC application process that most of the details, including the goals, are worked out during the application process.

As for interdependencies, I have a private branch, called "introspection", which you can see in my Github fork at https://github.com/jralls/gnucash. I've run gobject-introspection on Qof and engine. Now I'm working on an XSLT stylesheet to convert the Gir to UML-XMI, which I will feed to argouml and produce a class diagram that should cast some light on class interdependencies and inheritance. I hope to have a basic diagram made in a week or two, and I'll put it up on the Gnucash Wiki when I do.

Regards,
John Ralls