[GSOC] Data model unit testing

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu Mar 24 16:38:49 EDT 2011

Dear Muslim,

Am Donnerstag, 24. März 2011 schrieb John Ralls:
> > Thanks for the fast reply. I just browsed the libqof module and it looks
> > like a fair amount of work needs to be done. Do you think providing UT
> > for libqof and engine modules (or even just libqof) would be enough for
> > gsoc project?

Yes, I think those modules would be completely sufficient for a GSoC project.
What you would do (as described by John already) is to document the
architecture, adding unittests, and along the way it will very quickly become
obvious where that architecture still needs changing.

> > And one more question what is the quickest way to check
> > module interdependence?

If you call each sub-directory one single module, the dependency graph is
rather straightforward: It's the list of directories in src/Makefile.am where
everything more bottom requires everything above it. I.e. the libqof sub-
directory requires nothing else (except the system libglib). In that sense,
there is at least some sort of useful dependency separation in gnucash, which
would help your project a lot.

Regards,

Christian