Python module prototype

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu Mar 24 16:14:26 EDT 2011

Am Mittwoch, 23. März 2011 schrieb Andy Clayton:
> Okay, so I lied: I am going to send them in the old format one last time. I
> have been fighting with Ubuntu/debian's SSLless git, gmail's imap, and
> thunderbird for a while and have run out of time tonight, and since I will
> be busy the next few days it was this or not send them until after that.
> Perhaps --attach may work out better... I will have to try that in the
> future.
>
> Anyways, the attached, updated patches take care of a few issues with the
> prior revisions, namely:

Thanks a lot! The three patches are in SVN now, with some very minor
modifications by myself:
* The app-utils-python module is built only conditionally on --enable-python
* The configure argument gives a clear error message concerning the renaming
* Some linker flags are fixed
* The python console code is in SVN, but opening the console is deactivated
unless the developer manually changes src/python/init.py

> I should warn that I didn't do much testing of these changes other than
> making sure it still compiled and ran due to time unfortunately. From what
> I saw it should be fine though, or at the very least a huge improvement
> over the already broken patches before.

That is completely fine. The gnucash-related parts look good to me. People who
would like to look into python can now add their code to this existing module.
Thank you very much!

Regards,

Christian