GSoC Proposal: Live news feed from financial newspapers

Ajay Thomas ajaythomas.inc at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 00:47:11 EDT 2011

Hi

I am a student aspiring to contribute to gnucash during GSoC. I have built
gnucash from source, got a good idea of how the application works and am
working on a few bugs now.

I feel there is one main feature that can be included. There is currently no
support for live news feed from financial newspapers. I am planning on using
the RSS feed to develop this plugin for gnucash. Thus, the user need not
browse the net to search for news on stocks and finding out how his
portfolio is performing etc. The news can be personalized according to his
needs which can be set by the user itself.

Please give me your feedback on the proposal, I can work on the timeline and
implementation accordingly.

--
Ajay Thomas
II Year, Comp. Sc. Engg.