GSoC 2011 CuteCash

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Mon Mar 28 14:35:09 EDT 2011

Dear Evgeniya,

thank you for your interest in working with gnucash in the GSoC 2011 program.
As a first step, we suggest you should checkout the gnucash sources from SVN
and build it yourself (on some Linux/Unix computer), see
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building

As for contributing to the development: You still need to pick the topic that
you're most interested in.  You can pick a project  from the programming
environment that's most fun to you. E.g., if you think you enjoy Qt the most,
I would indeed suggest to try the cutecash code
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Cutecash
and see whether you can add enough features so that it's a "lightweight, easy
& fast" data entry possibility in addition to the normal gnucash program.

Also, all the ideas from the uservoice page http://gnucash.uservoice.com are
useful suggestions for a project.

Also, as for banks in Russia: I'm afraid none of them are supported, so you
should rather forget about this idea.

Best Regards,

Christian