Gnucash 2.4.4.1/MacOS - chipcard import not available?

Peter Sorowka psorowka at freilicht.net
Tue Mar 29 06:55:06 EDT 2011

Hello everybody,

i try to set-up online banking with chipcard/hbci under MacOS with
Gnucash 2.4.4.1. As a card reader i juse a "ReinerSCT Cyberjack pinpad".
All drivers are installed and according to pcsctest the reader is
connected correctly. I am stuck at the following step: when trying to
add the user in the aqbanking-setup, i click on type "chipcard" and
immediatly the assistant disappears without any further options,
warnings, errors. And of course, no user is added.
I cannot see what happens behind the scenes, and have no idea where to
look for a logfile entry that could tell me why aqbanking doesn't start
to import the chipcard. Neither did i find any similar problem
description in the manual or other lists.

Do i miss any software? Is the problem known?

Any idea appreciated!

cheers

Peter