Gnucash 2.4.4.1/MacOS - chipcard import not available?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Mar 29 10:00:29 EDT 2011

On Mar 29, 2011, at 3:55 AM, Peter Sorowka wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> i try to set-up online banking with chipcard/hbci under MacOS with Gnucash 2.4.4.1. As a card reader i juse a "ReinerSCT Cyberjack pinpad". All drivers are installed and according to pcsctest the reader is connected correctly. I am stuck at the following step: when trying to add the user in the aqbanking-setup, i click on type "chipcard" and immediatly the assistant disappears without any further options, warnings, errors. And of course, no user is added.
> I cannot see what happens behind the scenes, and have no idea where to look for a logfile entry that could tell me why aqbanking doesn't start to import the chipcard. Neither did i find any similar problem description in the manual or other lists.
>
> Do i miss any software? Is the problem known?

I suspect that you're the first person to try.

The logfile, gnucash.trace, is located in /var/folders, but there are several randomly-named directories there and it might be in any one of them. The easy way to find it is to run `find /var/folders -name gnucash.trace` on the command line. There's a lot of noise in that file, so it's easiest to re-do the attempt to set up the chipcard and then immediately `tail` the tracefile to see the most recent messages.

I don't have a chipcard reader and when I try to "import an existing chipcard" the create user dialog disappears without doing anything, but the aqbanking setup wizard is still there. I find the following in my gnucash.ttrace:
* 06:46:50  CRIT <aqbanking> dlg_usertype_pagedefault.c:   90: fini called
* 06:46:50  CRIT <aqbanking> dlg_usertype_pagedefault.c:   90: fini called
* 06:46:50  CRIT <gwenhywfar> ctplugin.c:  276: No matching plugin descriptions for the given device type
* 06:46:50  CRIT <gwenhywfar> ctplugin.c:  300: No plugin descriptions found for this device type
* 06:46:50  CRIT <aqbanking> banking_online.c:  795: here (-51)
* 06:46:50  CRIT <aqhbci> provider.c: 1028: here (-51)
* 06:46:50  CRIT <aqbanking> dlg_setup.c:  688: Could not create dialog

Christian, does this mean that I didn't build something?

Regards,
John Ralls