GnuCash Translation into Tamil - update

AshokR ashok at smb-soft.com
Sun May 22 16:28:11 EDT 2011

https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/gnucash24/ I have created a GnuCash 2.4
translation project on Transifex.

https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/gnucash24/resource/gnucashpot/l/ta/view/
Tamil translation has reached a milestone of 30% now.

Here are some interim notes about my experience with Transifex so far:

 - Transifex is somewhat like GnuCash! Though multiple people can use it,
only one can use it at a time (for each language).
 - Poedit allows one fuzzy translation. Transifex allows multiple
suggestions. And team members can vote on each suggestion to choose the most
popular.
 - I find the search capability most useful. I can filter by a keyword and
see all strings using that keyword in one place and translate them together.
 - I am able to backup the resulting .po file as often as needed.
 - The one big problem that I face now is that sometimes the translations
are saved with the wrong source string. I have opened bug tickets with
specific examples and screenshots. However, Transifex is yet not able to
reproduce this and fix it.

I will provide further updates as we make progress.

Ashok