GSoC 2011: Data model unit testing

Muslim Chochlov muslim.chochlov at gmail.com
Tue May 24 17:26:02 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

My name is Muslim and I'm one of the three students who contribute this year
to Gnucash. Yesterday there was
an official start of coding and I think you might be interested in what was
already done and what are my further plans.

The goal of my project is to document most crucial parts of code in libqof
module such as QofInstance, QofBook, QofSession and others to allow more
easy and less complicated refactoring. I started out by writing unit tests
for QofBook and currently it's almost fully covered. As a part of this
process I created 19 unit tests, added two macros to make tests writing
easier and identified unused functions in qofbook. I currently work on
finishing with UT for qofbook, which are 4-5 left and start investigating
qofinstance. My plan is to start putting qofinstance functions under the
tests from next Monday.

I have a separate branch on github (https://github.com/mchochlov/Gnucash)
where you can see all recent changes (dmut-gsoc2011). Of course you are
welcome to give feedback by leaving comments on github or replying to
what's the progress of my project.

Regards,

Muslim Chochlov