Fw: r21516 Commit message

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk
Sun Nov 6 03:35:48 EST 2011

On Sat, 5 Nov 2011 14:18:02 -0400
Yawar Amin <yawar.amin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Mike Evans
> <mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk>wrote:
>
> > The commit message should be:
> >
> > Bug #457401 - Print invoice should not be disabled for unposted
> > invoices Enable printing of unposted invoices.
> >
> > I'm using git and forgot the change to change the commit message.
> > Apologies.
> >

> You can use git notes to append a messages to that commit in the
> public repository as well.
>
> git notes add <r21516 commit object>
>
> <Type note in editor, save and exit>
>
> Then, to share the note with the public repository,
>
> git push origin refs/notes/*
>
> Regards,
>
> Yawar

Thanks Yawar.

I should have said I'm using git svn which complicates things a little.

I've added the note to my git commit using "git notes add" OK.

However, I use: "git svn dcommit" to update to the repository so I can't
push.  What really needs to amended is the svn message and I don't
think I can do that.

Mike E