Git Migration

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Sun Nov 6 17:34:58 EST 2011

On Sun, November 6, 2011 5:08 pm, Geert Janssens wrote:
> On zondag 6 november 2011, John Ralls wrote:
>> We've been using the Github repos pretty successfully for 8 months or so
>> now. I think all of the main committers this year (meaning more than a
>> commit or so per month ) are using it. Meanwhile, Derek has upgraded the
>> servers and moved them to a new location, so there should be no
>> technical
>> barrier to switching to git for the main repository.
>>
>> I think it's time to do so.
>
> I'd love to see git to be the main repository.
>
> Would that mean we drop the svn repo ? The windows automatic build scripts
> still depend on svn and won't work with git.

Right now the web site update, docs nightly build script, doxygen nightly
build script, and win32 nightly build script all depend on SVN.  All this
infrastructure would need to migrate over to git.

Would we continue to host the main git repo on Github?  Or would we keep
the main repo on code.gnucash.org?  If the latter, we would need to figure
out how to authorize pushing as well.

> Geert

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745