Git Migration: github with svn access

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon Nov 7 17:12:57 EST 2011

Hi,

On Mon, November 7, 2011 4:58 pm, Yawar Amin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 4:54 AM, Christian Stimming
> <christian at cstimming.de>wrote:
>
>> Zitat von Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com>:
>>
>>>  [...]
>>>>

>>> Right now the web site update, docs nightly build script, doxygen
>>> nightly
>>> build script, and win32 nightly build script all depend on SVN.  All
>>> this
>>> infrastructure would need to migrate over to git.
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>> [...]
>>

> I've been wondering--are these build scripts under source control? Maybe
> we
> should check them into a GitHub repo?

They are not..  (well, the win32 scripts are, the rest are not).
The web update script is specifically not under source code control for
security reasons.
The docs and doxygen scripts are not under source code control because
they are relatively short and it never seemed like the right thing...
Moreover, I didn't want to svn update into cron.daily.  ;)

> Best,
>
> Yawar

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745