Git Migration: github with svn access

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Mon Nov 7 17:15:02 EST 2011

On maandag 7 november 2011, Yawar Amin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 4:54 AM, Christian Stimming
>
> <christian at cstimming.de>wrote:
> > Zitat von Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com>:
> >>  [...]
> >>
> >> Right now the web site update, docs nightly build script, doxygen
> >> nightly build script, and win32 nightly build script all depend on SVN.
> >>  All this infrastructure would need to migrate over to git.
> >>
> >> [...]
> >
> > [...]
>
> I've been wondering--are these build scripts under source control? Maybe we
> should check them into a GitHub repo?

At least some of them are. You will find them in packaging/win32 [1]

In there you will find scripts such as daily_build.sh, build_tags.sh, install-
impl.sh,...
Those are part of a bunch of scripts used to build gnucash automatically every
night and when new releases are tagged.

I'm not sure where the docs and doxygen nightly build scripts live. Perhaps
Derek can answer that.

The website update is done as part of a commit hook on the gnucash svn server.
This pushes each website related commit through to the webserver. The code for
this can be found in the meta repository [2], in the post-commit script.

Geert

[1] http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/packaging/win32
[2] http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/meta/hooks