Latest invoice window edits gtk+ requirements

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Nov 10 20:17:29 EST 2011

On Nov 10, 2011, at 9:56 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:

> On donderdag 10 november 2011, Mike Evans wrote:
>> I just compiled and ran the latest SVN and I now have no invoice windows
>> just the status bar.  This appears to be due the gtk+ requirement being
>> 2.24.  The current gtk+ on my, regularly yum updated, Fedora 14 is 2.22.
>> Changing requirement in the glade file restores the page.
>>
>> Could Geert downgrade the requirements for gtk+? Fedora 14 isn't
>> obsolete quite yet.
>>
> Ok, I'll downgrade the requirements. I am not strictly using anything 2.24
> specific. I set it because my goal is to get gnucash on the way to gnome 3.0
> compatibility. And the gnome migration page suggests to build against the
> latest 2.24 as a first step.

You don't have to set Glade to 2.24, just link against the 2.24 libraries. It's probably a good idea to set all of the DISABLE_DEPRECATED defines as well.

The catch for trunk is that we still need to be able to build against 2.18 as well (for RHEL 6 compatibility), so if you wind up having to make changes that won't, then we need to branch off 2.5 so that trunk can go to wherever you need.

Regards,
John Ralls