Creating unique customer guid

Glen Arason Domain.Support at CanadianDomainRegistry.ca
Fri Oct 7 11:52:12 EDT 2011

Hello

I've been evaluating GnuCash and think it will be perfect for my business
needs.
I'm using a MySQL db and looking at importing my customers using a sql
INSERT.

My question relates to the "guid" field which is simply a varchar(32).
After testing a I have concluded that the giud needs to be a unique
"32-character hexadecimal number".
Since my customer id's are unique creating an MD5 hash of the customer id
sastisfies the above requirement.

Is there any magic behind the programs guid's that won't be satisfied by an
MD5 hash?

Thank you.

Glen

Domain.Support at CanadianDomainRegistry.ca
<mailto:Domain.Support at CanadianDomainRegistry.ca?subject=Domain%20Support>
http://www.CanadianDomainRegistry.ca <http://www.canadiandomainregistry.ca/>

Leduc/Edmonton Alberta
(780) 904-8759