Python script: Gnucash - > CalDAV

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat Oct 8 12:36:28 EDT 2011

On vrijdag 7 oktober 2011, Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> Hey,
>
> As mentioned on IRC today to a few people, I've been tinkering with the
> Python bindings.  My initial goal was to make sure that the transactions
> that I've indicated as needing to be paid manually aren't forgotten.  To
> this I've written a script that looks for txns with a "number" of "To
> Do".  Those are then inserted into a CalDAV calendar (and removed if the
> To Do flag is removed in Gnucash).
>
> This has made my life easier, and I hope it makes the life of others
> easier as well.
>
> You can fetch the program from the git repo linked off
> http://www.etc.gen.nz/projects/gnucash .  I have a few other little
> tools I want to write as well so other things might start cropping up.
>
> Feedback is most certainly welcome.

Hi Andrew,

After our irc conversation about in-tree or out-of-tree management of your
tools, I thought I'd let you know GnuCash is also using an experimental git
repository, which is a clone of the master subversion tree. They are kept in
sync and some developers are using it daily.

You may be interested to clone your own gnucash git repository and store your
python script directly in there. This will give you both the benefit of git
management and in-tree development.

As said before, if you prefer your own git repo, that's fine as well.

You can learn more about the GnuCash git repo and how to use it on
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git

> Also, I'm not sure if has been mentioned here already, but myself, Micha
> Lenk and mostly Philipp Kern packaged up the python bindings for Debian.
> They're in the python-gnucash package in Debian testing & unstable.

Nice to hear !

Geert