A new release ?

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Oct 19 10:29:08 EDT 2011

On woensdag 19 oktober 2011, John Ralls wrote:
> On Oct 19, 2011, at 4:56 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:

> >> OK by me.
> >>
> >> I'll run a trial make distcheck today, and plan to tag the release and
> >> do the real distcheck around 0900 PDT (1600 UTC) Thursday. I'll do the
> >> source tarballs and the MacOS dmgs. Geert or Christian, can you do the
> >> Windows zip and the release announcement Friday morning?
> >
> > The Windows installer will be created automatically after you tag the
> > release. So friday morning it should be available on
> > http://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/releases/
> >
> > I am not available on Friday, but if the release notes can wait until
> > Saturday, I can do them Saturday. Otherwise, Christian or Phil feel free
> > to create the release notes on Friday already.
>
> I think it would be better then if I tag it tonight, then. Derek's planning
> to move the servers tomorrow, and I don't think we want to have the need
> for a release build in the mix.
>
> What time does the build run?

According to the build logs, the builds start at 2 AM, Derek's local time. The
release build is a clean build and takes quite some time. The last one (2.4.7)
ended at a little bit before 7 AM.

But as far as I'm concerned we don't need to rush. I don't mind if you tag the
build on Friday and we release on Saturday.

That would give Cristian a little more time to include the latest version of
the Latvian translation also.

But perhaps delaying a day is less convenient for you ?

Geert