A new release ?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Oct 19 20:07:00 EDT 2011

On Oct 19, 2011, at 7:29 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:

> On woensdag 19 oktober 2011, John Ralls wrote:

>>> The Windows installer will be created automatically after you tag the
>>> release. So friday morning it should be available on
>>> http://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/releases/
>>>
>>> I am not available on Friday, but if the release notes can wait until
>>> Saturday, I can do them Saturday. Otherwise, Christian or Phil feel free
>>> to create the release notes on Friday already.
>>
>> I think it would be better then if I tag it tonight, then. Derek's planning
>> to move the servers tomorrow, and I don't think we want to have the need
>> for a release build in the mix.
>>
>> What time does the build run?
>
> According to the build logs, the builds start at 2 AM, Derek's local time. The
> release build is a clean build and takes quite some time. The last one (2.4.7)
> ended at a little bit before 7 AM.
>
> But as far as I'm concerned we don't need to rush. I don't mind if you tag the
> build on Friday and we release on Saturday.
>
> That would give Cristian a little more time to include the latest version of
> the Latvian translation also.
>
> But perhaps delaying a day is less convenient for you ?

Yes, this weekend is the GSoC mentor summit, so I'm pretty much booked for that... but I can tag Friday morning (or Thursday evening if Derek's got the servers back up) and build everything and get it up on SF, then you and Christian can finish up the release at your convenience over the weekend.

Regards,
John Ralls